This is an Entry Level position that works directly within the Project Management team to manage commercial construction projects. An individual in this role provides information and office support to Field Superintendents, manages a project from start-up to completion and delivers the project on schedule and within budget.
Work Functions & Responsibilities
- Preparation of general documentation to include on Project Management logs
- Attend project start up meetings, plan reviews and responsible for general understanding of project scope, budget, etc.
- Creation and preparation of Letters of Transmittal
- Coordination of Bonding when applicable.
- Preparation of Contracts to owners and subcontractors.
- Preparation of Active Job Number Listing.
- Preparation of Cost Code Listing.
- Preparation of Job Schedules.
- Preparation of billing – AIA forms
- Preparation and coordination of Submittals.
- Preparation and follow up of change orders.
- Attend project progress meetings and record/distribute meeting minutes
- Accountability for prepared Project Management documents and review with senior Project Manager
- Review of plans, specifications and bid documentation in preparation of a bid.
- Complete the Estimate Check List for each project assigned.
- Create subcontractor/bidder list for each project assigned.
- Contact subcontractors during bidding process for status and guidance.
- Create RFI’s if necessary, during bidding process to ensure an accurate bid.
- Gather all subcontractor quotes and review for accuracy.
- Using the Full Bid Package, put together an estimate package to be reviewed with Lead Estimator before bid is submitted.
- Delivery of completed bids to customer.
- Organization of bid paperwork.
- Assist with subcontractor/supplier buyout for successful bids.
- Assist project managers with project startup after successful bid
- Computer skills and knowledge of software including Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints is a plus
- Must have a valid driver’s License
- 1-3+ years of Construction Project Management Experience, or related.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or related field, or equivalent
- Software experience: Smartsheets, BuildingConnected is a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Associate (Preferred)
- Construction Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Project Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Apply for this position:
To apply for this position at Mattern Construction, please fill out the form below or send us your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.